The Feast:
We had: Turkey, Mac & Cheese, Stuffing, Sweet potato casserole (aka yams, marshmallows for David, Pecan topping for me), gravy, cranberry, pumpkin cornbread with cinnamon butter, asparagus with mushrooms and chocolate pie.
After the Feast we went outside for some pictures. It was FREEZING! So all of this happened in about 5 minutes. Our tiny turkey had an adorable turkey shirt!
A few days before Thanksgiving we started Jax on solids, kind of. We gave him a banana and he tasted it a couple times but decided he didn't really like it. Mostly he got it all over himself because his dad decided he probably wouldn't need a bib…WRONG! It was everywhere. But Jax seemed to enjoy himself.
We had tried 3 days of Banana's so on Thanksgiving we decided to try something else…asparagus. I thought it was a long shot, because really, what kid likes asparagus? My kid does apparently. He seriously loved it. There are pictures of that in David's phone but for some reason they never make it to my email when I send them. Weird.
Overall it was a good day. It is amazing to me what a year has done. Last year we were hiding from the world trying to forget that we were supposed to be having a baby that week (and hiding the fact that we were expecting another one). After the pain I felt during the holiday season last year, I really thought I would never have another happy holiday for the rest of my life. But we are happy. We still miss our babe, but our life has joy. And we are so thankful for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment