Thursday, September 20, 2012

Twenty-Nine

Last Friday was David's birthday. He turned 29. And now he lives in fear every day of turning 30. ha ha. I told him that I would do whatever he wanted to do. He wanted to go to the zoo. I do not happen to love the zoo, but I agreed to do anything, so off we went.

We took the metro in and discovered we really love the Cleveland Park area of DC where the zoo is. It was quite a nice walk from the metro to the zoo. And the National Zoo is free like all of the other Smithsonians so that was a major bonus. We felt it especially fantastic after we were done at the zoo and didn't think it was all that amazing. I guess we are just used to the San Diego Zoo. We still had fun though.

Sloth Bear.
All day he was on the phone. He is just really popular I guess.
 I took pictures of the animals that David told me to take pictures of. So this is what we got. Usually he takes pictures of ALL of the animals. But I had the camera that day. Thank goodness. :)
I thought this looked more like the entrance to a Narnia castle than the entrance to the zoo. I tried to convince my "old" husband to climb on up and take a picture of him riding the lion but he did not want to do that. ha ha.

After the zoo we went to get some dinner (which I do not have pictures of because I left the camera in the car. I think hubby got some video on his phone though. We went to one of those hibachi places where they cook the food right in front of you. It was amazing. Best food we have had in Virginia so far. After dinner we came home for some cupcakes. He requested chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles. The man loves rainbow sprinkles. I don't think it matters how old he gets, he will still be a child at heart.
 The cupcakes.
David wanted some action shots.



At the end of the night I was exhausted so I ran upstairs to jump into bed. And the hubs was still talking on the phone...

I hope that he enjoyed his special day. I have always tried to make birthdays something fun for him because for him they are a really big deal. I don't really care about my birthday, but I love how happy he gets when I try really hard to make his grand. I am going to have to start planning now for the big 30. I am accepting ideas until August 2013 so please let me know if you come up with any. :)



1 comment:

  1. kory loves the zoo too. is it a guy thing? those cupcakes are making my stomach growl! love the rainbow sprinkles. what a good wife you are!

    ReplyDelete