Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"That Mom"

Last night I realized I am "that mom". You know the one who seemingly has no life beyond baby because all statuses are baby related and all pictures posted are of the kid. Some day I might find something else to write about, but right now I can't think of anything. This tiny human has become my life.



On Sunday our new home teachers came over. They shared a message about gratitude and then everyone took turns saying what they are thankful for. I never got a turn though because Jax woke up from his nap and started crying. I would have said I am thankful for him though, and for everything he means to me. Because after months and months of painful tests and fertility treatments, being told we would never be able to have children without medical help, finally getting pregnant with D3 and then holding that precious child whose eyes I would never see and whose cry I would never hear-after all of that there was Jax. I think Heavenly Father knew I wouldn't go through the fertility treatments again. They are hard. And very trying on the mind and body. So He surprised me with Jax. And he is an amazing little blessing. Sometimes I look at him and still almost 3 months later can't believe he is really here.


Right now I am running on very little sleep. Jax stayed up very late screaming with a tummy ache. And the night before he woke up every hour. He was sore from his shots and had a fever. It hurts me to see him so uncomfortable. But I am so thankful for every cry because I know what a sweet sound that truly is. So thankful for every moment I get to hold him and see him watch me with his big brown eyes. So thankful that he made it here safe.



So for now I am happy to be "that mom". It is the best job ever. 


1 comment:

  1. Ah Riss...You be "that mom" -- that is the best kind of mom when their children and family are their world! I love seeing your updates and seeing Jax getting bigger in each one and giving me a walk down memory lane of the joys of having a baby...cause even when it's a hard moment, we realize it is a joy in its own way! Love you!

    ReplyDelete