In 1 week our little D3 would have been 1 year old. I cannot believe a year has passed. It seems like such a short time ago that I was holding his fragile perfect little body in my arms, and feeling love like I have never felt before. Because we will never buy him gifts, we decided that each year we will donate to a charity in his name. This year I have decided on March of Dimes. Its a charity I have heard of before, but never really knew what it was for.
Their mission is actually quite simple- "We help moms have full-term pregnancies and research the problems that threaten the health of babies".
One of the things I have had the hardest time with is unanswered questions. Not knowing why this happened to my little boy or how to prevent it has hurt immensely. I still feel guilty not knowing whether or not there was something I could have done to save his life. After all, it was my job to protect him.
Research in this area is very taboo among doctors (mostly because of abortion), so I applaud March of Dimes for really delving into it and funding research for these tiny humans who otherwise do not have a voice, and according to many, do not even matter.
March of Dimes also has a lot of support resources not just for those who have lost babies, but for those who have babies in the NICU, those with difficult pregnancies or miscarriages, and even offers information for those who are wanting to become pregnant.
If you would like to give baby David a birthday present this year and donate to March of Dimes (research section) as well, you can do so here.
Any amount helps. It is my hope that other people can be spared the pain of having to say goodbye to their babies before they get to say hello, and the only way to do this is to get some more research done in this very sensitive area.
No comments:
Post a Comment