Thursday, March 18, 2010

where we find our courage...

Ugghh... I am in the middle of the longest 2 days of my life.  And I have 15 more to go.  Yuck! I had a bit of a good thought while I was reading my scriptures today though. I was thinking I really love that we read these stories over and over so that we can act like these amazing faithful people when we are in tough situations.  I can learn to be brave and have courage from them so when I need the strength most of all it's there.  I can stay calm and put my faith in my Heavenly Father because so many have done it before me and it has worked out just fine.  Being pretty much confined to bed is a bit of a bummer.  Ive been eating out of a bag of fishies, and up until this morning they tasted pretty good.  I don't think I imagined when I got married that it would mean being alone a lot more than I was before I got married.  And I don't think I knew I had the type of strength that I have.  In fact I think I fell apart more at the Doctor's office when David was with me than when I was alone.  Because I could.  Because he was there for me to lean on.  But I have learned how to be the one he leans on as well.  I'm proud of my husband and the work he does to keep not only our family safe but others safe as well.  Somebody has to do it and the fact that he volunteered is amazing to me.  Of course I have my moments where I throw myself a pity party and cry about how I have to go through all this sickness and pain alone and sometimes he whines about the hardship of being in the military but I notice on the days where we care less about our own hardships and more about each others hardships that things go better. I notice that I'm less afraid and he is less stressed.  And we end up strengthening our relationship instead of being angry at our situation.  I'm thankful for all the people who came before us...both our heroes in the scriptures and our heroes in the military and for what they have taught me about being brave and what truly are tough situations. But most of all I'm thankful for what they have taught me about turning to my Heavenly Father and the peace and comfort that can be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment