Saturday, March 27, 2010

magic fortune cookie say...

I got home tonight and felt like rambling on for a bit so here I am.  I got a fortune cookie with my Chinese dinner tonight.  My fortune said something like "you and your spouse will have a long happy relationship". How great!  If only fortune cookies were like fairy Godmothers and because it was said it shall be done.  While I do expect that my amazing husband and I will have an eternal happy relationship I don't think it will be because of some magic fortune, but rather a lot of hard work from both of us. I am headed into week three of David being gone.  It's still not easy even though we have done this a few times now.  Every time we go through it, it surprises me that its all the little things that I miss the most.  Having someone to comment to about the show that's on TV, having someone to eat dinner with, having someone to laugh with about the day.  I guess it all comes down to sharing. Life is sad when there's no sharing.  Friends are nice (though I don't have many of those in San Diego) but no one can be him, no one can be my best friend like he is.  That just may be the secret to marriage. Friendship. How many people forget that once upon time their spouse was their best friend.  That's why they married them. And that is where the romance comes from.  I hope that 50 years and a few kids down the road that David and I both still share the same playful, warm, comforting friendship that we have shared for the past few years.  We aren't afraid to disagree.  We have before and we will in the future, but as long as we remember and respect our friendship things will always be just fine.  Its interesting maintaining our relationship over e-mail. Its not ideal for sure.  But this year its what we will have.  And next year we will probably have some other obstacle in our path.  That is just how life is. And boy is it exciting.  I don't think I would have it any other way. Maybe my next post will be less serious and more humorous.  I'll try to think of some jokes.  Oh and maybe I will learn how to post pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment