Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I love to see the temple...and someday has finally come

Once again...go me.  I have not updated in a very long time.  Now I have to remember what we have been doing for the past couple months.  We went on a cruise right before Christmas (if I could figure out how to put pictures on then I would probably put some up) and spent Christmas with my parents in Corona. It was nice to be with the family.  Since then David has been super busy with work.  Im kinda hoping it slows down a little bit soon...even though he didnt go out much in January he still was working a lot.  As of last week I am no longer working due to company cutbacks but I am enjoying just focusing on school. I have to say it is so much easier to get stuff done when I dont have to be at a job that drives me crazy and sucks out all of my energy for 9 hours a day.  I am much happier jobless and we only had to slightly tighten our pocketbooks so I think this whole thing is really a blessing.  I didnt even mention the biggest thing that happened to us recently.  Both David and I got to attend the temple for the first time.  It was such a wonderful and peaceful experience for us and when the temple opens again in two weeks we plan to be there often. David said afterward "I love that I now have a place that is quiet, that is safe, and that is out of this crazy world and I can go there any time to take a break and remember who I am".  I have to say I agree.  Ive never felt so much love and hope in my life and I was so thankful that we were able to be there together and that our family was also there during and after to share something that was really special for us.  We are now looking forward to our sealing in May so that we can be with each other forever.  Our Heavenly Father has already blessed us so much this year and even though we have hard times to come (like an 8 month deployment starting in May) I dont thing we will be able to complain too much because we have truly been blessed.  The gospel is amazing and something that has been so great for our relationship, our marriage, and our individual lives.  And with our newfound knowledge we have a greater sense of our purpose in life and are truly thankful that we know the things we know and get to live the way we live.  It is hard sometimes, but the blessings are so much greater than the trials and we love that we will be able to share our life and progress together forever.  So other than David being gone for the past few days (it does explain the post though since I usually only write when he is gone because I am bored) life is good for us.  We are happy.  And we cant wait to put that sealing stamp on what we have and make it more permanent than it already is. :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Marissa and Dave....CONGRATS!!!! I am sooo happy for you both. Love, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete