Sunday, January 19, 2014

As Little Children

David and I teach primary. The 4 year olds to be exact. They are quite a handful. They just have so much energy, and still have trouble focusing on a single topic. At one point during our lesson there was a conversation going on about what everyone's swimsuits look like, pool rules, and there was something mentioned about sharks. Nope, that was not what our lesson was about. Sometimes they surprise us though. Sometimes their pure faith and simple knowledge speaks peace to our hearts and we learn far more than we teach.

Today was one of those days.

One little girl asked me if I had a grandma, to which I responded I do. She mentioned that her grandma had died and I said one of mine did too. Then she grabbed my face and looked me straight in the eyes and said "but don't worry because Jesus made it so they will be alive again. He (meaning Jesus) said families forever because He knows we would like to play with them for always".

I love her little testimony.  And it filled my soul with peace. I can't wait to play with my little boy (and my grandma) for always. It amazes me how sure they are in their faith. How everything just makes perfect sense. And how they never doubt. Even I have had my doubts about seeing my D3 again. It just all feels so far away, and grief has made me feel so broken that I became unsure of so many things. But for these little people, Heaven is close. Heaven makes sense. And faith is something they don't have to think about, they just have it.

"Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3




1 comment:

  1. What a sweet moment. I totally know what you mean about having doubts. It's hard sometimes when they feel so far away. Kids really are wise beyond their years!

    ReplyDelete