Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Full Term!

I have pretty much been terrified this entire pregnancy, and I still am, but I am finally 37 weeks. Full Term!! I have been wanting to get here so bad, some days it feels like I am holding my breath all day long waiting for it. I've trusted that he would have been fine if born early for several weeks now, but since I am now full term I do not have to go back to the hospital that baby David was born at and can instead go to the much newer, much more comfortable, and MUCH closer hospital. Which for me is great because Ive had panic attacks every time I've had to make the trek to Bethesda (d3's hospital). It will also be much more convenient in case we forget anything since Fort Belvoir (baby #2's hospital) is 5 minutes up the street. We have a scheduled induction for June 13th right now (say what you want about medical intervention in pregnancy, sometimes it is necessary and yes I have thoroughly studied everything and this is the safest thing for me and my baby) but I am no longer on the shots that have kept me from going into preterm labor my whole pregnancy (because I am full term now!!) so it could literally be any time. David hopes I make it to the induction date because it works out with his schedule better for taking paternity leave. I hope I do because my favorite doctor will be on shift that day and there are a couple doctors I would like to avoid. Can't wait to meet this little one.  Hoping for a drastically different birth experience this time around.

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited for you! I was induced at 36 weeks with Beckett and everything was fine! I will be induced early again this time and that is how I prefer it. There is nothing wrong with being induced, especially in a situation like yours! I remember my friend having a baby a few weeks before I had Beckett and I couldn't even fathom what her hospital experience was like. I couldn't even imagine it being a happy and exciting time to be at the hospital. My experience had been so opposite of that. Don't worry though, you will have a wonderful experience in just a few short weeks! Can't wait to see pics and find out what you decide to name him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! I didn't know you live in Ft. belvoir my family live there for 3 years military active duty. The new hospital is gorgeous and I know you'll have an amazing experience. Thank you for sharing your raw and real experience with the world, most people are afraid to telling the truth, but you are a support and ray of hope to many as you share the good days and the scary days.
    Love and prayers,
    KayLee Dunn

    ReplyDelete