Monday, January 28, 2013

Half-Birthday



The other day David and I went to the medical center/hospital where I delivered because I had a wicked bad cough that was keeping me up all night (which he then caught from me the very next day, ugh). David commented that it was so strange that it had been almost 5 months since d3 was born. I reminded him that it had actually been almost 6 months. He quietly did some calculations in his head (and maybe used a couple fingers) and then responded, "yeah, you are right". It was an interesting moment. One in which we both realized that life had in fact gone on, and at the same time had not. We often wonder what our little guy would be like now. Would he be sprouting tiny teeth? Would he recognize us and smile at our lame attempts to make him laugh? Would his personality be shining through? Sometimes I wish I had more memories with him. I wish I knew his likes and dislikes. I wish I had stories to share about him with his (future) younger siblings so that they could know him too. But even with all the pain and the heartache and the large amount of tears that have already fallen and will continue to fall, we are so thankful for the short amount of time we had with our sweet little boy. Happy Half Birthday little man. We miss you a lot and love you forever.


1 comment:

  1. You said it perfectly. Still praying for peace and comfort to be abounding in you life. Won't eternity be great!

    ReplyDelete