Sunday, August 26, 2012

1 month old

My Baby,

Yesterday you would have been a full four weeks old. Sometimes it seems time has passed so slowly since I held you and prayed that Heavenly Father would tell you how much I love you. I still pray those same words every day, so I hope you are getting the message.

Things are different than I thought they would be. The people we expected to say things to us have not, and the people we didn't expect to say anything have said a lot...sometimes too much. It hurts us when people, especially those we considered to be friends, pretend like you were never here, like our lives weren't completely changed by your short life. We know what is real though, and we know we are still your parents even though you aren't with us right now. 

Things are still hard. Your dad and I miss you every single day. We have learned a lot from you too though. Some days are better than others, but in general our relationship is stronger, and we are better understanding what true love is; what Christlike love is.

There have been many quiet moments to ponder sacred things, and many new things have been learned. We are trying to trust in our Heavenly Father's plan for both you and for us; and we hope that you are doing all of the things that you were prepared for and designed to do. We can only imagine the amazing and special talents that you must have. Sometimes your dad is really sad that he wont get to see you grow up and play sports and maybe even join the military like him (which probably would have stressed me out). I told him that he got a star soldier in God's army instead. He likes to think of you like that.

I don't know right now if we will have other children or not, but even if we do you will always be our first and that special experience and memories will always be yours. You are what turned my heart into a mother's heart and taught me that my capacity to love is far beyond what I can comprehend. You are the one that helped me begin to see the sort of love that our Heavenly Father has and helped me better see how I can live up to my full potential as a divine daughter of God. And that means that you will always have a very special place in my heart.

We hope that no matter what you are doing that you are happy. And we hope that you know how much we love and miss you every single day. 

I love you forever. I like you for always. (And lucky for me) Forever and ever my baby you'll be.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment