Sunday, July 24, 2011
TMI
It has recently occurred to me just how ridiculous social networking has become. We too often share too much. If a stranger walked up to me on the street and asked me where I went every day during the week, what my birthday was, where I went to school, where I work, and who my family members are, I would try to get away from the creeper as fast as possible. But we post all of that online for everyone to see. We tell them when we are expecting children, when our anniversaries are and what we had for dinner. It is quite convenient to get the news out fast and stay connected with people, but it is getting out of control! No wonder identity theft is the fastest growing crime in America, and I am totally vulnerable as well. Many times I have found myself knowing things I did not really want to know, and seeing things I would rather not see. I am very thankful for social networking sites because they keep me connected to my husband when we cannot be together, but gee whiz people, just keep some things private! Don't make me blush over things that should be kept behind closed...and locked doors. TMI!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment