
"called myself upon the phone
just to hear my golden tone
asked myself out on a date
picked me up at half past eight."
I'll make sure the next verse of the song doesn't happen. I'm hoping this little experiment in dating myself will feel liberating...like sound of music, running through the hills in wide open spaces, not a care in the world (until you find out about the ensuing war) liberation and not lame and embarrassing. Guess we will find out!

Riss,
ReplyDeleteYour blog is adorable and so are you!!! I am so sad I had to miss your sealing, but I heard that it was amazing! I'm so proud of both of you! It will be a very tough 7 months. But, I think you might learn to love going to the movies alone. It's actually one of my favorite Saturday afternoon activities. I do it all the time. Seriously. And, I don't discriminate---I see stupid movies that no one else wants to see, just because I can. And, i always get popcorn (sometimes large) and a diet coke--because that's half the fun. And sometimes, when my girlfriends are talking about going to a movie on a Friday night, i lie and tell them that I haven't seen it yet and go again. It's perfect. My husband was never deployed, but he did go to law school, which means that he might as well have gone on a ship overseas. So, my other place of solace--Barnes and Noble. Get a "Carmel Apple Spice" from Starbucks and browse the book aisles. It's a great solo date, or after movie activity. Stay strong! Love you!
Dates are good by yourself!!! Sometimes....I want a date by myself! Doesnt happen with three very rambunctious kids and a hubby who would want to escape too! So enjoy....someday you will wish for a date by yourself on occassion....not alot...just now and then!Have fun!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, Aaron or no Aaron I love going to the movies by myself. I can see whatever I want and get popcorn which Aaron never lets me do cause it is so expensive. I used to always go before the kids came.
ReplyDeleteIt was good to see you, I really hope you can come down again and hang out. Maybe we could make it a girls night out with everyone!
Hahaha, I love it. I go to the movies by myself too! That way I can see a movie my husband doesn't want to see and I don't have to get a baby sitter! Although, I have found that I prefer going to weekday matinees ... fewer people there to judge me.
ReplyDelete