Thursday, November 12, 2009
One Big happy Mormon Family
Again its been forever since I got on here but this is progress...David is home (well hes at work right now but hes coming home tonight) and I am still blogging! Last week Dave ended up having to stay out longer again which is not my favorite thing about his job for sure. I burned my fingers with a hot glue gun on thursday night and of course immediately started freaking out because I was by myself and had hot clue searing through all the layers of my skin. When they started bleeding I freaked out even more because I dont like blood. So I called Aunty Jade...but she is an old lady and goes to sleep at 6 apparently. So I called the only other person whos number I have in close proximity. She happened to be in Colorado...great. But she made a phone call to someone she knew and about fifteen minutes later two men in white shirts and ties that I had never met before knocked on my door. One, a doctor, brought burn cream and did a brief exam of the damaged area of my hands and then together they gave me a blessing and then left just as fast as they came. Even though the pain was still extreme I felt so much better. The comfort of having a ward family that is there for you no matter where you live was so great to feel especially with a husband who has a job that takes him away from home quite often. Its been over a week since then and the burns are slowly starting to heal. Im gonna have some pretty sweet scars though. And since I was speaking of David being gone a lot we thought it would be nice to have a little friend to keep me company while he is away so we got a kitten. Her name is Gizmo (from the Goonies) and she is extra tiny. I think she has a bit of a cold right now (probably because we keep our apartment so cold) so we are taking her to the vet this weekend but other than that she is doing great. When we first brought her home she whined a lot. I think she missed her sisters and brother. Now she is happy most of the time and getting into everything as small kittens usually do. Last night David and I had the missionaries over for dinner. I felt so old! I have never had missionaries over and cooked for them myself in my own home. It was a good time. I think this may be the longest thing I have ever written. I need to start getting some pictures up on here so that is my next goal...to figure out how exactly to do that. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment