Monday, March 4, 2013
Countdown to Easter
Easter, my new favorite holiday, is quickly approaching. Never has this jelly bean, candy egg, giant bunny hiding stuff holiday felt so sweet and so special. Valentines day is considered the holiday of love, but in all reality Easter holds the most love.
I like the idea behind Lent though it is not something I personally participate in. Not necessarily what it has become, a time of giving up a sin or bad habit for a month only, but of preparing oneself in body and spirit to celebrate and recognize such a holy day. As my thoughts have so often turned to that first Easter Sunday this past year, I have reflected many times on the days and hours leading up to that ultimate sacrifice and largest symbol of love the world has ever and will ever see.
So, in the weeks leading up to Easter Sunday this year, I will be sharing some thoughts and feelings about this special holiday. A Lent of giving, rather than of giving up.
And to start, what has become one of my favorite quotes from President Thomas S. Monson:
“In our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morning: ‘He is not here: for he is risen.’”
And a short video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment