Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Charity NEVER faileth

I have been somewhat introspective the past few days as this chapter in our life comes to a close and another one will soon begin. I have also been reflecting on our difficult journey toward parenthood, and what a struggle it has been. I have not been super open about it in the past, but I have found, the more open I have been the more support I have been offered by those around me and that is definitely needed. This past Sunday we had a Relief Society (our all female class at church) lesson about parenthood and the command given by our Heavenly Father to have children. I have had a really hard time grasping the fact that there is a commandment I have been given that Heavenly Father has (so far) not allowed me to keep. It is very confusing and frustrating and lots of tears have been shed over the fact. This sunday was no different, and the lesson left me sobbing. But this time I was joined by another military spouse like myself, a new friend of mine who recently moved here, and who also struggles with this very issue. After the lesson had ended we recieved an amazing amount of love from the other women in the room. When we first arrived, I didn't think I would have much in common with the women in my ward and I worried that I would not connect with them or fit in very well. They all seemed to be much older than I, and at VERY different points in their lives. But I came to find out, as I have so many times before, that my Heavenly Father is very aware of me and my needs and these women were just what I needed. They truly love each other without judgement and without any of the clique-ish design that is so common in women's organizations. They support each other in quiet, thoughtful ways and they are exactly what God intended the Relief Society organization to be. I will forever remember what they taught me about being a virtuous, valient, faithful woman. I wish I could stay a bit longer, but I know there will be another amazing group of women for me to join on the other side of the country who will continue to help me become the woman I was designed to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment