Thursday, January 19, 2012
The Cell Phone Saint
So two days ago I lost cell phone in Kohls (please do not tell my husband). Saddest part was I did not even realize it until my little sister sent me a Facebook message telling me to go pick it up at the customer service department. I guess the lady who found it in the dressing room turned it in. Of course I panicked and and ran back over to the store where there was an unusually long line in the customer service area. Finally I got to the front of the line and got my phone back. *big sigh of relief*. And then everyone else behind me line started exclaiming how sweet and amazing the stranger was that turned in the phone. Several people were even in shock that it got turned it at all (not going to lie, I was too. Good day to not have an i phone). They were literally singing praises and idolizing this good person who turned my phone in. Now don't get me wrong, I am definitely VERY grateful. I had heaven on my side for sure. But I think it is really sad that someone is praised as a saint for simply not taking something that is not theirs. When did the world get like this? Decency is so uncommon that it is more normal to steal than it is to be honest? I am still very thankful to have my phone back, but I am really sad at where society is headed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment