Thursday, February 10, 2011
Hi, I'm Marissa and I'm a....
ok, Its time for me to come out about this. I am a foodie. I read cookbooks for fun...literally. I lay in bed with them and read all the recipes like I'm reading a New York Times best seller. I attempt to make at least one new recipe a week (though most everything I cook is some new version of something). I taught myself to cook. My mom cooks really well and its all super yummy, but she never ventures outside the comfort zone. I experimented some at home, but after I moved out is when I really started developing this..dare I say...talent. I read food blogs and love watching Food Network (and even got my dear taste tester husband of mine addicted to some of my favorite shows). Has anyone else noticed the new cooking trend involving alcohol in practically everything!? I know the meals don't make you drunk because it cooks out in 99 percent of the recipes I have seen, but there is no way I am going to buy it! I wonder if it really does affect the flavor of things. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you should post some of your recipes! i love trying new ones.
ReplyDeletecooking with wine in sauces definitely makes a difference, it adds a different flavor. the make cooking wine but I've never tried it.
ReplyDeleteIve used cooking wine but I'm not sure it makes much of a difference. I think it might be the alcohol that changes the flavor... maybe. I have been substituting the alcohol with other stuff and it turns out great, but I always wonder what it would be like if i used it.
ReplyDelete