Thursday, July 1, 2010

Blessed are the Meek...

Got to talk with my wonderful husband over the past couple days. It was pretty much the highlight of my month (once again I looovvee skype).  Inspired from those conversations...here are some of David's photos with some of my thoughts.

 This is a little island in the South Pacific....
It is small and the people are poor.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit; for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven"
This is the view as you come around the corner. (Note the tiny statue on the top of the Hill.)
It is pretty, but life here is hard.

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness: For they shall be filled"



They put up a banner and threw a welcome party.
The meek and the humble...sharing what they have.
"Blessed are the merciful; for they shall obtain mercy"
"Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God"



And this is the statue that was seen from the distance.
Christ with outstretched arms.
These people have so little in the ways of earthly possessions, but they truly know about that which is eternal.

"Ye are the light of the World.  
A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid"


I feel so blessed that I grew up in a country and with a family that always had the necessities of life.  But sometimes I wonder if those people on that little island are better off than I.  They share everything with each other, which is not much at all.  They understand the spirit of brotherhood and charity. They love their Heavenly Father and they believe that Christ is their Savior and Redeemer and they stay true to that faith no matter what trials come their way. It makes me sad to see so many that are so blessed forget to give thanks to their creator. It was lesson to me to always be grateful and always look for ways to serve and help others. Pay it forward. Share some of your blessings today.
"Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth"




2 comments:

  1. love this post! you're amazing. so good to see you last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Post, Very thoughful, I agree, they are better off in certain ways. How is Utah? I will be there in December.

    ReplyDelete