Tuesday, April 20, 2010

In the spirit of Hooyah

I did a google search on "military spouse" and this is what came up.  Quite telling if you ask me.  (and arent you proud I figured out how to post a picture?)  Lately I have been feeling like this far too often.  I have found that a lot of my prayers are devoted to asking for assistance to calm my angry feelings toward this crazy job that I am ashamed to admit are often times misdirected at my wonderful husband. My health is declining both mentally and physically and sometimes I sit down and cry as my mind convinces myself I cant do this anymore. Then right before I total annihilation of body and spirit occurs a tiny bit of strength offering a small glimmer of hope rises from somewhere in my being and I wipe off my tears and move on with my day.   This life that is dictated by something other than myself is exhausting but I am trying my best because I love my spouse and he loves what he does.  And I suppose if he wasn't doing it someone else would have to be and I would not wish that on anyone I know.  On a happier note the military in a strange way has led me to what I want to do with my life.  And has made me appreciate life more. Things can change in an instant and I wont be the only one to tell you that they often do.  In fact, I cant remember the last time David told me something related to work that didnt change by the end of the day.  And even though I spend lots of hours mad, I would be lying if I didn't say at the end of the day I'm not proud to see this... HOOYAH!

1 comment:

  1. that first picture is hilarious! i hope you start feeling better. i'm positive your relationship is much stronger than most because of what you go through. hang in there, eternity is an even longer time!! i'm excited to see you in ptown soon!

    ReplyDelete